UMFA Communications Coordinator Position Announcement
APPLY HERE: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/96797
Job Title: Coordinator, Marketing and Communications
Job Code: 2847
Salary range: $32,600–$35,000
Standard hours per week: 40 (including occasional evenings and weekends)
Type of Recruitment: External posting
Close Date: Open until filled. Priority will be given to applications received by September 9, 2019.
Ready to explore a career in arts marketing? The Utah Museum of Fine Arts (UMFA) at the University of Utah is looking for a highly motivated, well-organized emerging professional to support the director of marketing & communications while working closely with colleagues across the Museum in an energetic, creative, and supportive environment.
This position is responsible for assisting with all aspects of the Museum’s communication and marketing efforts, with a particular focus on writing, editing, and managing content for print and digital promotional materials and on marketing Museum events and programs. The communications coordinator creates and distributes e-newsletters, co-edits a print publication for Museum donors and members, plays a key role in content creation and management of the UMFA website, and assists with content for social media platforms and other digital and print collateral. The communications coordinator also coordinates the UMFA’s presence at a small but growing number of campus and community public events.
The successful candidate loves both words and people; manages information, details, and deadlines with precision and diplomacy; and is ready to make a positive impact now with one of Utah’s leading arts organizations.
The UMFA is committed to being a place where our communities find themselves represented, welcomed, engaged, and heard. Our newly revised strategic plan prioritizes this institutional commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility (IDEA) across museum operations. We encourage applications from people who self-identify as minorities or members of underrepresented groups.
- Coordinate promotion of Museum activities and events for campus and community.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across departments to assemble information and images, edit and write copy, and prepare promotional materials.
- Create and distribute e-newsletters to UMFA audiences. Monitor analytics and make suggestions for improving content, delivery strategy, and integration with website.
- Work collaboratively with the Museum’s development and graphic design teams to co-edit UMFA’s quarterly print newsletter.
- Develop and communicate project timelines across the Museum and ensure deadlines are met.
- Manage distribution of print promotional materials on campus and in the community.
- Assist with media relations by maintaining press contact list, distributing monthly e-newsletter to local media, and tracking press mentions.
- Attend cross-departmental meetings as assigned.
- Support marketing and communications team with other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or a related area, or equivalency (two years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education). One year of related experience and demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required.
- Experience in different styles of writing, publishing software packages and advertising concepts may be preferred.
- Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
- Excellent writing and editing/proofreading skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks to meet varying and often competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; Photoshop; and/or EMMA or other e-mail marketing software.
- Previous experience in marketing, public relations, and/or communications, ideally in an arts-related setting.
- Educational background in art/art history, English, or journalism.
- Experience working with diverse, underserved communities.
- Proficiency in spoken and written Spanish.
UTAH’S ART MAGAZINE SINCE 2001, 15 Bytes is published by Artists of Utah, a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah.