Due Jan. 20
Manages the Salt Lake County Public Arts Programs and assists on art related special projects for the Division and County.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Art, Arts Administration or other closely related field, plus two (2) years of related experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Manages the County Public Art Collection, including administrative support to Salt Lake County Art Collection Committee, oversight of acquisition and maintenance budget, and knowledge of policies and procedures for acquisitions and donations.
- Installs and maintains the art collection in all County facilities. Maintains archival information and performs annual inventory on artwork.
- Develops a public awareness plan and develops and manages educational and public tour programs.
- Prepares Requests for Proposals, manages the review and selection process, serves as project manager, and maintains archival information on the Salt Lake County 1% for Art, Public Art Program.
- Acts as a liaison with municipalities and local arts agencies to educate and assist in the development of public art programming across Salt Lake County. Oversees County visual art programming including: fine art collection traveling exhibit program; administers and operates exhibits of individual artist work in County facilities; develops partnerships with other County Divisions and community organizations to provide additional opportunities for expanding visual and public art resources across the County; establishes programs that open opportunities for visual artists to display work and gain professional and artistic development.
- Prepares and monitors annual Public Art Program budget.
- Manage visual art related Special Projects for the County and Arts & Culture Division as assigned. Maintains up-to-date knowledge and research to provide input for development and update of Public Art and Visual Art ordinances, programs, and policies.
- May manage and supervise interns and/or temporary staff for completion of administrative and other logistical duties related to management of public art program.
UTAH’S ART MAGAZINE SINCE 2001, 15 Bytes is published by Artists of Utah, a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah.