Call for Entries | Opportunities

Now accepting artist applications for third-annual Monster Drawing Rally

Art Nonprofits Partner Once Again to Bring Creatives and Collectors Together

(Park City, Utah) Kimball Art Center and Park City Summit County Arts Council will once again team up to host this year’s third-annual Monster Drawing Rally, an event that allows artists to interact with spectators, collectors, and other local artists. The organizations are now accepting artist applications for the event, which will be held June 6th at Kimball Art Center.


“We are thrilled to bring this creative, inspiring, and energetic event back in 2019,” noted Kimball Art Center’s executive director Jory Macomber. “We welcome artists at all stages of their careers to apply.”

 

Here’s how the event works — over the course of the night, artists will sign up for one or two shifts and create artwork for 50 minutes. Artists may bring partially completed work, but all pieces must be finished during the Monster Draw event. Pieces must be two dimensional and the maximum size is 11X17. Basic supplies such as paper, pencils, crayons, markers, and colored pencils will be provided, but artists are welcome to bring additional materials. Finished pieces are available for purchase when the 50-minute timer runs out. All pieces are sold for $50, and any piece with more than one hopeful owner will be decided by a random card draw.


“Not knowing who will win the artwork adds to the fast-paced nature of this event,” noted Jocelyn Scudder, managing director of the Park City Summit County Arts Council. “Winners are determined by luck of the draw, not how much they can pay, which we feel adds to the suspense and also our mission — to provide art access to everyone in our community.”


Both Macomber and Scudder say events like Monster Draw promote local artists by making their artwork more visible and accessible to the community and by showcasing the skill involved in the creative process.

 

“Watching an artist create work in real time is incredibly inspiring, and attendees always leave with a deeper appreciation for our local talent,” added Macomber.

 

Artists are also welcomed to contribute one art piece to the event’s silent auction. Artists set the price for their piece and receive 60% of the final bid price, with the remaining 40% being split between the two nonprofit organizations.

 

Artist applications will be accepted through April 15th.  Applications can be filled out and submitted at www.pcscarts.org/monster-drawing-rally.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *