The South Salt Lake Arts Council on behalf of the City of South Salt Lake is seeking qualified artists and organizations to provide professional art instruction to South Salt Lake residents.
Qualified instructors are requested to submit a Statement of Qualifications. Specifications for this Request for Qualifications are posted below. They may also be obtained by visiting southsaltlakecity.com or emailing the City Recorder’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Sealed SOQs will be received until 2:00 p.m., Monday, December 10, 2019. Bids received after 2:00 pm on that date will not be accepted.
Please find more info here:
REQUESTS FOR QUALIFICATIONS
1. Request: The South Salt Lake Arts Council (“Arts Council”) on behalf of the City of South Salt Lake is seeking qualified artists and organizations to provide professional art instruction to South Salt Lake residents. Qualified instructors are requested to submit a Statement of Qualifications (“SOQ”) to provide the services requested in this Request for Qualifications (“RFQ”). The selected instructor(s) will collaborate and work closely with the Arts Council to prepare and present community art classes. SOQs will be obtained from various artists to conduct a fair and extensive evaluation, and potentially select one or more instructors that can best achieve the goals and objectives of the Arts Council. The City of South Salt Lake may award one or more contracts or elect not to award a contract.
2. Proposals Due: Monday, December 10, 2018, 2:00 PM. The City will not consider incomplete responses or proposals received after the stated due date and time. There will be no public opening of Statements.
3. Proposal Format: Proposals must be submitted in the recommended format so they may be evaluated in an objective manner by the selection committee. Entries that do not meet submission requirements will not be considered. Submissions may be dropped off in person, sent by mail or emailed.
1. 8.5” x 11 size paper
2. Ten (10) page maximum
3. Submit two (2) hard copies, which will not be returned.
4. Adequate font size and graphic resolution to be read at this size.
5. No references to other resources. Only materials contained within the proposal shall be reviewed.
1. Ten (10) page maximum
2. Please submit digital files compiled into one .pdf, .doc or .ppt.
3. Adequate font size and graphic resolution to be read at this size.
4. No hyperlinks to other resources. Only materials contained within the proposal shall be reviewed.
4. Submit to: Please submit to the South Salt Lake City Recorder. If printed, submit two (2) hard copies, which will not be returned. If digital, please submit work compiled into one .pdf, .doc or .ppt. Proposers must confirm receipt of proposal. The Arts Council is not responsible for missing or late submittals.
220 E. Morris Ave., Suite 200
South Salt Lake City, UT 84115
Craig Burton, City Recorder
5. Optional Interviews: TBD
6. Inquiries: All correspondence, inquiries and comments relating to this RFQ must be directed to the South Salt Lake City Recorder. Any interested party may request that they receive copies of inquiries and the City’s responses by contacting the City Recorder. Copies of the inquiries, and the City’s response, shall be forwarded to all those who have already submitted their proposals, and to those who have requested copies.
I. Services Requested:
The Arts Council has established a “Creative Arts for Life” program to offer a variety of creative expression opportunities for residents. We are seeking artists, with experience as instructors, to teach a variety of mediums to residents of all ages and backgrounds. Classes are typically offered weekly, in one month blocks.
Proposals should include details on how you would undertake the following tasks:
- Provide quality art instruction. Plan, prepare and conduct programming and art instruction in the South Salt Lake Creative Arts for Life program.
- Work with a wide range of ages and backgrounds. South Salt Lake residents come from a variety of ethnically diverse and socioeconomic backgrounds. Instructors may work with youth, adults and seniors of all abilities, depending on course goals.
The artist may propose additional ideas on how to meet the Arts Council’s mission to unite our community through art.
II. Statement of Qualifications Requirements and Format:
The Statement of Qualifications should contain the following sections in the order listed:
- Introductory Letter
- Instructor(s) resume
- Class Proposal (including list of supplies and estimated costs)
- Schedule (hours per class, number of classes)
- Images of work samples in the proposed medium
Introductory Letter: In no more than a one page summary, the artist should express their interest in the RFQ, state their qualifications, and briefly describe their general approach to the City’s needs regarding arts programing.
Resume: The resume shall contain the mailing, e-mail address and phone number of the artist. Additionally, the artist shall describe their capability to perform the services requested. Any unique professional qualifications to perform the Services Requested shall be included. If an organization is submitting a proposal, please provide resumes of proposed instructors.
Class Proposal: Provide a thorough description of your approach to teaching in the Creative Arts for Life program. This shall include the medium(s) the artist is qualified to teach, the class format with anticipated outcomes and a detailed list of required supplies and cost breakdown. Include the ideal number of class participants and any equipment needs. Clearly state if more than one class is being proposed (for different medium, skill level, etc.)
Images: Minimum three (3) images of completed artwork of similar scale and material for each class proposal.
Any SOQ that exceeds the ten-page maximum will be disqualified and will not be reviewed.
III. Evaluation of Submittals:
The Arts Council Board will review each SOQ submitted that meets the requirements of this RFQ. The Selection Team may meet to discuss SOQs and determine whether interviews are necessary or whether the selection may be made based on the SOQs. If the Selection Team determines it is necessary to have interviews in order to make a selection, the Arts Council will develop the format of the interviews.
The SOQ will be evaluated in its entirety based on the following criteria, to be weighted evenly:
- Capability and Qualifications of the artist
- Approach to the Services Requested
- Possible costs
Instructors will enter into a contract with the City of South Salt Lake to provide services. Instructors are required to provide:
- General liability insurance
- Vendor information for payment (to be provided by Arts Council upon selection)
- W-9 for tax purposes (to be provided by Arts Council upon selection)