This mural on the northeast corner of the Big-D Construction Corporation in Downtown Salt Lake City features a construction worker. The building itself (established in 1922) is a historic landmark, the first cast-in-place concrete warehouse West of the Mississippi. It was very important to Big-D president Jack Livingood to make sure the building was restored and preserved.
Historically, there was a billboard sign that covered the whole wall, viewable to oncoming traffic. When Big-D took over the building, one of their goals for revitalizing the building was to include an image that publicized their company and also added to the community.
With our In Plain Site byline we feature publicly viewable art, both official and street art, throughout the state of Utah.