Celebrate reading, art and books by nominating your favorite 2016 art books, novels, collections of short stories and poetry, and—new as of this year–creative nonfiction for this year’s 15 Bytes Book Awards.
To be eligible, a nominated book must be:
- Written by a Utah resident or former resident and/or has a Utah theme or setting
- Published in 2016 as indicated by the original copyright date
- Professionally published and bound, and assigned an ISBN
Enter each book in one of three categories:
- Fiction (50,000 words minimum)
- Poetry (48 pages minimum)
- Creative Nonfiction (50,000 word minimum)
- Art Books
The winner in each category receives $100
Vetting of nominations and final judging for this year’s competition will be made up of the staff of 15 Bytes and guest judges as determined by the chief editor and literary editor. Judges decisions are final.
A nominator should coordinate with the author or publisher to have three copies of the nominated book submitted to:
Artists of Utah
P.O. Box 526292
Salt Lake City, UT 84152
Deadline for all nominations: April 1, 2017
Winners will be announced in Summer 2017.
For additional information contact:
David Pace, Literary Editor, 15 Bytes
2016 15 Bytes Book Award Winners
UNMOORED (Winter Beach Press)
By Jeri Parker
read the review by Krystal K. Baker here.
BLUE PATINA (Blue Begonia Press)
By Nancy Takacs
read the review by Danielle Dubrasky here.